1. Dominoes Set (£12.95) / 2. Bike Bookmark (£4.95) / 3. Condiment & Preserve Gift Set (£10.00) / 4. Haarlem Tea Light Set (£12.00) / 5. Christmas Pudding Leggings (£10.00) / 6. Playing Cards (£9.95) / 7. My Five A Day Tea Towel (£10.00) / 8. Gold Mug (£7.95) / 9. Saaret Make Up Case (£8.50) / 10. My Tea Light Holder – Yellow (£7.95) / 11. Bubble Glass Cup – Venice Red (£4.95) / 12. Rocket Leggings (£10.00) / 13. Pocket Notebook – Black (£7.95) / 14. Bubble Glass Cup Large – Burnt Orange (£7.95) / 15. Marmalade Gift Set (£10.00) / 16. Small Crystallized Earrings – Gold Glitter (£12.00) / 17. Blossom Mug (£9.95) / 18. Bubble Glass Tea Light – Lagoon (£3.50) / 19. Fox Bookmark (£4.95) / 20. £10 Gift Voucher (£10.00)
‘Tis the season of goodwill so we’ve one more little festive giveaway up our elfish sleeves before this fine old year 2014 is out! This one is simple: if you place an order any time from now until December 10th you’ll be in the draw to getting your entire order fully refunded. Just like that. So effectively you’ll be getting it all for free. Don’t say we don’t spoil you!
The winner will be randomly selected and contacted by email on December 10th about their win. This competition is open to anyone, all over the world! It makes no difference how big or how small your order is, as every order placed will automatically go into the draw.
Love Howkapow x
*Congratulations Sylvie Wright from Norfolk for winning this competition! Thank you to all who entered!*
1. Floating Fish Mobile (£42.95) / 2. Weekend Bag Poppy (£49.95) / 3. Canary Silk & Cotton Blend Scarf (£48.00) / 4. Snowman Print (£50.00) / 5. Branches Print (£50.00) / 6. Navy Lotus Serving Bowl (£45.00) / 7. Round Copper Tray (£44.95) / 8. Tiger Feet Print (£40.00) / 9. My Teapot Grey (£47.50) / 10. Enamelware Pie Set White & Blue (£44.95) / 11. White Bear Black Bear Cushion (£45.00) / 12. Crystal Collar Necklace (£58.00) / 13. My Large Cake Stand Blue (£49.95) / 14. £50 Gift Voucher (£50.00) / 15. Enamelware Bake Set White & Blue (£54.95)
1. Bear Cushion Burnt Orange (£36.00) / 2. Robin & Redcurrant Cushion (£39.95) / 3. Bear Bookends (£34.95) / 4. Dotty Slim Jug (£24.50) / 5. Pantone Coffee Maker Red (£25.00) / 6. Gold Mug Set (£22.00) / 7. Cheese Bite Serving Board (£25.00) / 8. Poker Set (£39.95) / 9. Red British Tractor Toy (25.00) / 10. Lagoon Tableware Set (£21.95) / 11. Las Vegas Shotgun Wedding Scarf (£35.00) / 12. Blossom Salad Bowl (£21.95) / 13. Gold Crystallized Statement Earrings (£35.00) / 14. Trapezing Twins Print (£25.00) / 15. Red Furoshiki Scarf (£29.95) / 16. Terrazzo Drop Black Earrings (£21.95) / 17. Arc Furoshiki Scarf (£29.95) / 18. Popova Necklace (£35.00)
Here at Howkapow we believe Christmas is as much about giving as receiving. With that in mind we thought we’d spring a little five-day competition on you – your chance to WIN £250 to spend on our shop this festive season!
All you have to do to enter is to hop on our shop and tell us what Howkapow goodies you’d spend your £250 on, by filling in the form below. If you win the voucher you can spend it on anything on the shop that you want, it’s completely up to you!
Our competition is up and running and we’ll announce our winner on Monday Nov 24th. If you’re lucky you might have Christmas all wrapped up for you!
This Competition is now closed. Rowan Mcintosh was the lucky winner. Well done Rowan!
1. Portuguese Serving Jug (£18.95) / 2. Chess & Checkers Set (£19.95) / 3. Swallow Mobile (£10.95) / 4. Rita Earrings Black & Electric Blue (£20.00) / 5. The Tea Towel (£10.00) / 6. Whale Necklace (£20.00) / 7. Turquoise Notebook (£11.95) / 8. Tribal Burst Necklace (£19.95) / 9. Reversible Acorn Bonnet Chocolate (£10.00) / 10. Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar Set (£14.95) / 11. Mini Facemaker Set (£19.95) / 12. Gold Crystalized Studs (£12.00) / 13. Be Bold Print (£20.00) / 14. Butcher Cuts Oven Glove (£14.00) / 15. Bubble Glass Lagoon Carafe (£14.95) / 16. Jansen Mug (£9.95) / 17. Hedgehog Cushion – Burnt Orange (£18.00) / 18. Bambino Cup Set Lagoon (£16.95) / 19. Howkapow £20 Gift Voucher / 20. Enamel Serving Tray (£19.95)
Born in 1988 in Holguin, Cuba Lorena Marañón is a textile artist with a love of colour and skill in craft that I find captivating. Currently living and working in Miami, Florida she began embroidering in 2009 by producing small and experimental pieces that became the foundation of a four year jewellery business.
I really wanted to get some of Lorena’s pieces on Howkapow, but their one-off nature and the fact they took (understandably) many weeks to create meant we couldn’t quite make this happen. Since then, her jewellery has taken a back seat and she now makes highly complex, meditative pieces as an abstract form of expression.
When Lorena works, broken symmetry guides her intuition and she sews her surfaces in a seemingly haphazard but highly sensitive way. Very often, a final piece and its process are dictated by a her need to glamourise colour and pattern through miniature scales. Little abstract shapes, squares, optical illusions and floral motifs play work together in perfect harmony to create beautiful, one-off pieces.
Ultimately Lorena wants to explore and transmute ideas through needlework (and more recently, patchwork) and I think she’s doing an inspiring job. Her exuberant use of colour and open-mindedness to shape and scale are second to none. I’ll be following this up-and-coming star for many years to come…
In our latest competition this week we’re giving you the chance to win our exclusive Las Vegas Shotgun Wedding Silk Scarf worth £35!
Designed exclusively for us by Edinburgh-based designer Karen Mabon, the scarf is inspired by everyone’s favourite place for a shotgun wedding: Las Vegas! There’s an Elvis and his runaway bride, a pink cadillac reference to Thelma and Louise and even a white tiger as a nod to Sigfried and Roy. The Scarf has been hugely popular with customers already, and even featured in ELLE Deco Sweden this month too.
All you have to do is hop onto Twitter and follow us and / or retweet our post to enter!
The competition is up and running and ends at midnight GMT Monday Oct 27th. The winner will be announced – where else? – on Twitter. Good luck, folks!
Yes folks, knitting can be super duper cool – just take a look at the fantastic work of ALL Knitwear. A knitwear label created by American designer, Annie Larson, her small collection of hand-made, made-to-order jumpers, hats, shorts and baby clothes is an ongoing study of tone and pattern realised in some out-there designs and colour combinations. There is a strong 80s vibe to many, with surf and new wave undertones. I wish Rog, Rolo and I could own them all!
Annie was born in 1983 (in Seoul) and grew up in rural Wisconsin. She attended the University of Minnesota and later went on to work for Target Corporation. She purchased her first knitting machine in 2009, taught herself how to knit and in 2010, ALL Knitwear was established in a Minneapolis storefront apartment. Annie moved the company to New York in 2011, settling into a studio in the Williamsburg neighbourhood of Brooklyn. Her clothes aren’t cheap – but for the innovation, colour and uniqueness each piece has, I think they’re worth every penny.
1. Geese Measuring Spoons by 590 / 2. Fruit Measuring Cups by Urban Outfitters / 3. Owl Measuring Cups by West Elm / 4. Whale Tail Measuring Cups by Anthro / 5. Beehive Measuring Cups by World Market / 6. Hedgehog Measuring Cups by Anthro / 7. Pear Measuring Cups by Rae Dunn / 8. Tea Measuring Cups by Anthro / 9. Spade Measuring Cups by Anthro